2/20
For some reason I kept thinking i was leaving today...my anxiety was so strong it skipped a day!
whew..good thing im leaving tomorrow. I'm so anxious to return to freezing weather and personal responsibility.
haha...soon as i get back lots to do. Find a new therapist, try not to be so paranoid in NY, finish building my loft, start thinking about my trip to Cali in may and how long i want to actually stay for.
anyway, back to the present.
Up at 8, out by 10, post office was closed , apparently its a holiday? whatever that means. haha
Most of my summer stuff that i brought im mailing back to make room for the stuff i got while i've been on vacation.
Don't you love the postal service? cheaper than checking a bag at the airport. Even though I only have one carry-on I could have two, i'd rather not be carrying stuff i dont need on the subway.
To the beach it is! till 5, got a burger and some oysters. mmm
went back to hosts to change into gay western attire :)
Took the bus to Wilton Manors and got to Scandasl just in time to start with the Intermediate dancers. Woot!
I learned the Turbo Twang. Then the rest of the night, it was me either trying to jump in on dances i didnt know or at least being encouraged to by cute old gay guys telling me im really good! haha
I got to do the turbo twang 4 times at least, after the lesson. An old lesbian was totally helping me out with the steps to ones i didnt know. I was sweating up a storm and loving every second! its so muc fun! this is my new favorite thing.
Then It was about 10pm and I wanted to catch the last bus back to Las Olas, so i was saying goodbyes to my new friends and this couple offered to give me a ride. An old guy from North Carolina named Glenn who had just retired and was living with his young Israeli boyfriend whose name i forgot. They were on vacation too.
They were so sweet. Weird dynamic (in age), but it seemed to work for them.
Got home around 10:25 and went to bed shortly thereafter.
I woke up around 3am to pee and then couldnt get back to sleep because my legs were itching so bad..fricking mosquito bites. :o
2/21
leaving today....grumble grumble. ;)
Post office. Park by the beach. Beach. Froyo.
All packed. internetting.
I'm feeling very bullet point today.
the 1 bus to the airport around 4. and back in NY I'll be tonight. that is really the end of my travel blog. But I will be writing again in May when I go to Cali.
last words: Go to South Florida. Especially if you're gay.
Peace, love, and light,
Bob the Girl
ps: I forgot I put Folly in my title. that's because I was thinking about how friendly I thought people were here, and on a case by case basis they are. However, it got me thinking, is it plain friendly when "people" say hi or good morning to you on the street? or am i being slightly naive because the only "people" who are saying these things are men. young, old, creepy, whatever. Is it because im a cute girl walking*gasp* down the street in shorts and bangin' NYC sunglasses?
Whatever it is, it can be discussed. And i only started noticing after an abundance of monsters trucks kept honking at me when im walking down the street, also. ok, im exxaggerating with the monster trucks, but they're totally typical.
and when you see a truck pass you, honk, and then you see the drivers head flip around to continue looking after he's passed you and neglecting his responsibility as a safe driver...I say WTF, mate?
I'm not a supermodel. Get a life. Drive!
Ok...so, i like ft lauderdale, but i guess the way women are treated still pisses me off. As it should.
Peace.
At the airport, JUST SAW MANDY PATINKIN. Word.
I'm freakin'.
I love that man.
:)
For some reason I kept thinking i was leaving today...my anxiety was so strong it skipped a day!
whew..good thing im leaving tomorrow. I'm so anxious to return to freezing weather and personal responsibility.
haha...soon as i get back lots to do. Find a new therapist, try not to be so paranoid in NY, finish building my loft, start thinking about my trip to Cali in may and how long i want to actually stay for.
anyway, back to the present.
Up at 8, out by 10, post office was closed , apparently its a holiday? whatever that means. haha
Most of my summer stuff that i brought im mailing back to make room for the stuff i got while i've been on vacation.
Don't you love the postal service? cheaper than checking a bag at the airport. Even though I only have one carry-on I could have two, i'd rather not be carrying stuff i dont need on the subway.
To the beach it is! till 5, got a burger and some oysters. mmm
went back to hosts to change into gay western attire :)
Took the bus to Wilton Manors and got to Scandasl just in time to start with the Intermediate dancers. Woot!
I learned the Turbo Twang. Then the rest of the night, it was me either trying to jump in on dances i didnt know or at least being encouraged to by cute old gay guys telling me im really good! haha
I got to do the turbo twang 4 times at least, after the lesson. An old lesbian was totally helping me out with the steps to ones i didnt know. I was sweating up a storm and loving every second! its so muc fun! this is my new favorite thing.
Then It was about 10pm and I wanted to catch the last bus back to Las Olas, so i was saying goodbyes to my new friends and this couple offered to give me a ride. An old guy from North Carolina named Glenn who had just retired and was living with his young Israeli boyfriend whose name i forgot. They were on vacation too.
They were so sweet. Weird dynamic (in age), but it seemed to work for them.
Got home around 10:25 and went to bed shortly thereafter.
I woke up around 3am to pee and then couldnt get back to sleep because my legs were itching so bad..fricking mosquito bites. :o
2/21
leaving today....grumble grumble. ;)
Post office. Park by the beach. Beach. Froyo.
All packed. internetting.
I'm feeling very bullet point today.
the 1 bus to the airport around 4. and back in NY I'll be tonight. that is really the end of my travel blog. But I will be writing again in May when I go to Cali.
last words: Go to South Florida. Especially if you're gay.
Peace, love, and light,
Bob the Girl
ps: I forgot I put Folly in my title. that's because I was thinking about how friendly I thought people were here, and on a case by case basis they are. However, it got me thinking, is it plain friendly when "people" say hi or good morning to you on the street? or am i being slightly naive because the only "people" who are saying these things are men. young, old, creepy, whatever. Is it because im a cute girl walking*gasp* down the street in shorts and bangin' NYC sunglasses?
Whatever it is, it can be discussed. And i only started noticing after an abundance of monsters trucks kept honking at me when im walking down the street, also. ok, im exxaggerating with the monster trucks, but they're totally typical.
and when you see a truck pass you, honk, and then you see the drivers head flip around to continue looking after he's passed you and neglecting his responsibility as a safe driver...I say WTF, mate?
I'm not a supermodel. Get a life. Drive!
Ok...so, i like ft lauderdale, but i guess the way women are treated still pisses me off. As it should.
Peace.
At the airport, JUST SAW MANDY PATINKIN. Word.
I'm freakin'.
I love that man.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment