7.13.2009

Heading to Kona

4pm in Kona, Hawaii.

So I really should catch up and throw in a few things that I may have missed.
although now i think I have included almost everything so far.
There is Rob Carlos and Name. Carlos is needy and flaky and i'm not sure about his character, but he seems genuine. Name is quite the human. KRS vibes. preachin the movement. I'm all about it. He knows what's up. I love when i meet peope spreading love and the word, the message, the teachings of hip hop as a movement. good vibes all around.

This morning I tilled unstirred soil of about 30ft by 5ft space. dug up the grass roots, ready to be plantin new being, new life in the ground. Hard hard hard work i tell you.
Beethoven, Gogol Bordello, Bugotak and Atmosphere got me through it. Although Atmosphere brings out my adrenaline and drive and anger for life. So i broke the hoe. switched to B9. :)
Worked with the shovel instead. Good times, B9 intensity all around.

Had the best sushi of my life with Ivan. $6 - 8 piece roll with Unagi, Sake, Avo, and Pineapple.
Huge. lot of fish. mmmm.
This time I wont get sick. lol

I'm sipping some hot rice milk chocolate style. Very comforting.
2 new friends, Ashley and Ivan.

12am-
Really really cool. My indian food made Ashley high. definitely the best time I've made sesame kura. I love frying sweet potatoes. and now im tired. beach tomorrow. clean clothes. baking rye bread. lots of giving and teaching.
a girl from Hanover, Germany, a girl from Holland, girl from Switzerland joined us at the hostel today.

June 12th-
Listening to Mogwai. My indian food "broke da mouf" as they say in Hawaii. Said good byes to Matt and Aki, the guys from colorado, wrote JP back, Ivan picked me up and we went to La'lalai Beach. Soaked up the sun got at least another shade darker.
3 hours in the sun. thinking. Radiant. Went for a "Scandinavian" shaved ice about the size of my head:pink lemonade, strawberry, and dark cherry. too much sugar. mmm $5 Ahi, Sake and Avocado Rolls. Took an hour nap listening to Axial and woke up with the sun and Jack Johnson.
went with Ashley to pick up her kung fu friend Addison. picked up some flour, Yeast, at Island Naturals. Back to their house to begin the break making process. Forgot how funky active dry yeast smells.
Definitely got down with my poi for a good while, what a workout, I was definitely sweating up a storm. So amazing.
Ashley came home and we finished kneading the dough, let rise for hour plus more kneading. attempted to make "quinoa biryani". turned into mush but was still good and spicy.
Ashley is one amazing woman. I remember thinking when she took off her helmet and I saw her face the first time I thought, This girl is BEAUTIFUL. Ivan is one lucky bastard. But now i understand. Its a limited relationship like something I still havent come to understand yet.
Ashley and I are quite alike in a lot of ways and through similar forms of adversity. I don't doubt I will see her in India, if not Cali before then.

For desert I had Haupin Sweet Potato Pie, a beer and a shower. Felt a bit scandalous to be taking pictures in the bathroom but we will survive. its the hair i tell you. Bright red wet hair under an orange light with a Hawaiian tan makes you camera crazy.
even if it's yourself.
I am now on the bus back to Hilo listening to Anna C. and still wishing I knew the beautiful language French. Like Anais and Isabelle. I feel confident in my new approaches or format I have fell into so comfortably as of late. It is rather easier writing in the book, habitually almost. Rather than online blog. Yes I can type faster but whose to say its more real momentous, more poetic. not necessarily.
Next step beach sunbathing in Hilo bayfront, a little swimming if the waves are calm.
I just remembered this thing he used to say to me all the time
"Calm thy passions miss Bob". Oh, the sweet I miss.
Back to it. tonight I will volunteer at the dreamers collective and open jam then sleep on the beach. Hitchhike to airport 8am or walk. Next step in cali - ?

hmm qui qui. failstix. fathers day. sadie. Add new class. fix fin aid. email Glenn. figure out thanksgiving. gay pride. yard preview. cant think that far yet. email Josh Dubin. :)
I will enjoy the rest of my bus ride.
chill. pease light good vibes
au revoir
B

No comments: