6.01.2009

Pre-travel Blog - Big Island

Aloha,
I am leaving in 3 hours and will only update my facebook through my cell phone.
I'll try to write short but poetic blogs for each beautiful thing I see on my travels around the big island.
But today, again, I leave everything behind, everything said goodbye to for two weeks, as if departure is something new. it isn't. and I read this to myself yet again in hopes of new dreams and thoughts encountered in my near future. Begging my heart to persevere when weathering storms and have patience for everything unresolved...

"i equate your beauty
to how insecure
you make me feel.

and yet how comfortable
i can get to
at being silly
when you're not looking

i dont remember when
i first heard of love
but i wonder if this
is the road less traveled
because its the only one
that has no
destination.

we keep certain people in our lives
to define a memory of our experiences.

and thats why its so hard to let go
of whats no longer existing

it reminds us that we are growing
and will eventually come to a place
where death can only be defined by
how we have lived

and where have we layed our heads,
into whoms arms have we placed our
our beds.

i define you as something of an unconventional beauty.
not because of what we have experienced together,
but rather
oh, the possibilities

there are far few excuses for my behaviour
in awe
take me aloof as i am

this is merely confessional,
i can not apologize for
having lived with a human heart
all of my days.

I know no other way
of this life."

-Aja Monet's "Altar"

Aloha,
B the Girl

No comments: