I dont want to leaaave!
Ok! so today, i woke up at 8am and ate oatmeal and a blood orange with a cup of Joy Tazo tea.
got dressed in my 6 layers and ran out the door to make it to the 9:30am 101 bus to Sullivan square. (8 minutes).
Hopped on the Orange Line alll the way down to Forest Hills. The last stop.
Took the 38 bus to JP (Jamaica Plains).
Got out at Fiore's Italian Bakery. They have nummy vegan things.
Here's the lowdown:(following is all vegan)
-I ordered a sandwich called the Nona: Breaded eggplant, basil, tomato, roasted red peppers, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette and cashew "cheez" on focaccia bread. $6
I thought it could use more sauce. Needed more salt for my taste. But was good, i would order it again. the eggplant was cooked really well, not too soggy or overcooked like a lot of places do. The sandwich itself was pretty big and very filling and comes with kettle chips. :)
-1 mixed berry scone: really dry, not sweet enough. John Palmer's are still the best scones i've ever had. FTW!
-1 cinnamon coffee cake: pretty bomb on first bite. Then you think, "do you want any cake with that cinnamon?" lol good, but tastes not like coffee at all, just like a big cinnamon doused cake.
-1 gingerbread cookie : too much sugar and had a weird "eggy" flavor. But, REALLY Gingery, which i love.
-1 Pecan Snowball: tasted like a snowball. a snowball of dry puff powdered sugar...only on the outside. The inside! now that was the best part! lots of pecans and had a chewy biscotti feel to it.
- 1 "Cinnamon roll" cookie: Hella good!
-1 chocolate chip cookie: way too dry. chewy. not enough sugar. kindof weird.
-1 oatmeal raisin cookie: eh, too chewy for me. I've had better. :(
also, there was a guy sitting at the table near me in this tiny shop. another guy joined him to share the table, cus there were none left. Then, i hear "Oh!". the original guy spilled his coffee all over the table, the other guys newspaper and into his own backpack. lols. BUT the best part! was that he didnt curse, or make a scene, hardly anyone noticed and he cleaned it up, slightly laughing. he was a really good sport. People are awesome here!
It bugs me when something like that happens and people make a huge scene, like "OMG WTF FUCK SHIT FUCK OH MY GOD!" like its the end of the world.
Chill out, world, Boston has it down, so can you.
Then, I walked back to the Forest Hills station, passing a natural food co-op and some other cute houses. Took the orange line to Ruggles. Walked to washington st. to find Haley House Bakery, but it was closed.
Took the SIlver line bus to downtown crossing, transferred Orange line to Haymarket,
determined to get my butt to through the Freedom Trail!.
As soon as I got out of the station I crossed highway 1 to Cross st. Left down Hanover and found myself right smack dab in Italia. I mean, Boston. I mean, Italia and Boston. Everything Italian. I was very happy. Nothing like North Beach in Sf, better. Reminded me of Italy. Specially with the tiny streets. :) and cobblestone.
Walked over to North street and found the Paul Revere House. It was pret-ty cool.
My heart sighs walking over cobblestone, reinventing history in my head.
It's my version of candyland, but with history. and horse buggies. and bonnets. and top hats. :D
Continued on North till I hit Prince ( i think, im having trouble remembering right now), then I ran into Grezzo! The Raw Food Vegan place i was looking for. Pretty pricey, like $13-$22 meal. but they had some appetizers/salads and soups that were reasonable. I just wasnt hungry! :( So i just took a picture telling myself i'd come back another time. I was going to come back for dinner but they closed at 5pm.
Continued up Prince to Salem, took a right and found the Old North Church.
Then I walked up the Hill in front of the church all the way to the top to get a good picture of the whole thing and I found Copp's Burying Grounds. I love old cemetaries. The oldest headstone was was 1678, from a boy who died at the age of 3.
Took some pictures of the headstone of one Martha Balls and her husband Mr. Balls. haha I had to. for teh lulz.
walked down Snow Hill st. with memories of Italy swarming my brain, making me feel all jolly and missing Europe.
Found the harbor, took the pictures in the freezing wind and sang my way back to Beverly st.
Stopped for a coffee at Equal Exhange Cafe. and headed back to the train station.
Took the green line to Symphony station. Found the Boston Symphony Orchestra building and THE BEST VEGAN ICE CREAMERY!!!!!!!
Wheelers. 334B Massachusetts ave. <333333
They had a flavor called Chocolate pudding *sigh*
Also, good vegan food and salads and milkshakes. All made with Almond, cashew and soy milk. they also had a couch and free wi-fi. How rad.
Then, I went to Copley square to check out the Boston Public library. Its puts SF to shame. :(
Also, at Boylston st. station, i found the theatre district. I saw that Aida is playing in a couple weeks. :) Viva Verdi!
Next, I took the Green Line B train out to Allston Village, at the advisement of miss Danielle Gilmore. She is going to Boston University and moving to Allston soon. So, i checked it out. Huge beautiful buildings! She is soooo lucky! :) And allston village is so fucking cool. reminds me of SF in that it really has every kind of food possible on a few streets, plus really cool second hand stores and Herrell's Allston Cafe. Also, checked out the Lebanese restaurant she was telling me about, Reef. I wasn't hungry though and they looked closed. I bet it is very good. I'll go next time!
Finally, I just took the train back to north station for the green line and went back to Somerville. Made some veggie biryani from trader joes and got online.
I met a friend today on facebook from Turkey. she has offered to guest me sometime. So maybe the next time i travel after my birthday I will go to Turkey! YAY. gotta start working on my turkish...hehe
Then, i got to talk to the lovely beautiful Gabriela! She is in Topoztlan and it looks like I will be joining her for my birthday. Kauai will have to wait. To Mexico it is!!!!!!!
Ciao Ciao!
More pictures up..
Love, mucho amor, light, joy, coconut juice, hooray, freude! freude! schoener Goetterfunken, divine glorious energy to all!
besos!
B. J. Young
ps: i am going to New York City tomorrow!!!!
pps: I might be stopping in Chicago on my way back!
No comments:
Post a Comment