1.07.2009

January 5th, 2009 - Boston to NYC


On this brightly brisk morning, I slept quite well. Waking up at 10, eating breakfast, packing packing away. It wasn't cold at all this morning i didnt put on my hat or gloves.
I dropped my books off at the post office to ship back to Cotati, 7 books plus a score, plus a few pieces of clothing, fit into 1 box = $10.
Write my host a quick note, left the keys and grabbed the bus into Boston. I was contemplating going to Berklee College of Music but I was just really not in the mood to schlug my stuff around.
And it was either the 2pm or 3pm bus to NY, the 3 would've gotten me to NY by 6:30pm.
Eh, so i headed straight to Haymarket, walked to little Italy and the only food i could find that was close enough to vegan was veggie risotto. Only after i got on the bus did i realize it must've had butter in it. :( Oh well, my first cheat yet.
Bus to NYC - $15
We passed through New Haven, CT and Mt Vernon, NY. (and lots of others, but those were the two i was awake to see. haha)

Got to NY Chinatown at 6:30pm hopped the J train uptown to 42nd st/Times Square transferred to the A to Far Rockaway and fell asleep!
an hour and a half later I got off at Broad Channel, transferred to the shuttle to the Rockaways and got of and Beach 90 st.
Greeted my friend Teena who I haven't seen since last year and caught up for a bit.
Put my bags down and check i have 3 missed calls.
Woo! I already love NY.
My dear friend Aaron has called and asked me to go to dinner with him and his wonderful beautiful girlfriend Cody and their friend Susan. Although, being in Rockaway doesn't give me time to plan things like that. So, I met up with Aaron later at his house in the Bronx up on Pelham pkway. Left Rockaway at 9pm got to the Bronx at 11:12pm. :/ nyc transit...lol but it runs 24/7! So, it's cool.
We got veggies and a Guinness. I boiled some rice, fried a zucchini, tomato, garlic, shallot, fresh tofu, and a red bell pepper. add salt & pepper. more garlic.
Cherries and white raisins on the side.
(there is a 24 hour vegetable market right across the st from his house!!!!! my dream come true)
Then we sat down to watch the Godfather pt. 1 and I was way to tired to finish. My Guinness or Al Pacino. lol

He also has the most adorable cat, Cheesecake. Pictures will be up soon.

Tomorrow's blog is up next. Stay tuned for more adventures in New York City.

Love love love love love love love

B. J. Young

No comments: