Ala kaffi el Qadar numshi wa la nudri 'An elMaktoob
على كف القدر نمشي ولا ندري عن المكتوب
On the palm of fate we walk and do not what is written.
```````````````````````````````````````````
To begin,
Isabelle Eberhardt is my heroine.
Read, The Nomad.
This morning I woke up at 11am and bought my flight back to Oakland, CA for saturday morning at 6am ny time.
It's cool, don't trip. The Transit runs 24 hours here and i stay 2 stops from JFK. lol
Plus, i'll probably stay up all night in manhattan fri anyway.
So, today I went to Rainbow shops, right here in rockaway (my favorite clothes shop in NY) cheap and dummy.
got some cute stuff, mailed it back to my house, with some clothes dirty clothes i brought. lol
plus, i found some hella cute earring that made me think if Kelly, so i mailed them to her house.
Bought some veggie corn dogs and apple juice and chilled at the house for a minute, and talked to my buddy Eva from Germany, except she;s in Amsterdam right now. We went to high school together when she was foreign exchange in SF. Man, me, her and Genesis used to be the trio. i miss those days. I am so glad to hear from her everytime i do. She;'s one of the most amazing people i've met in my life and i'm lucky to still have contact in some way. :)
Hopped the train to 23rd st on the east side and met up with Cody at her friend Melody's birthday party.at this french restaurant L'express. our waitress was so kind, and i could just see her energy glowing off of her, but i could telll she was stressed, confumbled, irritated and her chi was definietely off. I felt sad for her.
I asked my sister Missy (who i havent seen in a long time) to come to the dinner party. I bought her and I dinner. it was and always is so good to see her. A beautiful amazing person that I am so glad to still have in my life. I had pesto fettucine with tomatoes, she had a goat cheese salad and we shared some calimari. I bought her a chocolate martini too. $40 dinner. whooo. i actually felt my pocket on fire.
aaanyway....let's forget about $.
I have it, i'm not materialist and we all know. I'm not questioning.
I also met this really cool girl named Miho, from Niigata City, Japan. She is an accompanist for a ballet company and she went to Berklee college of music.
we had good talks, i turned her onto Verdi, my love of course. kenyashna! I'm glad my raving of the G didn't turn her away from conversation with me, she was totally interested. Also, he favorite classical composer is Ravel. :)
She wishes she knew more about history of music. PLus we talked about world music, KSUN, the samson and delilah Bachanelle, Italia, and lots of other music stuff. I love talking music! <3
Then my people's were leaving so me and Aaron took a walk a brisk walk through manhattan, from 20th st up to 51st st.
I grabbed the train to Washington Heights at 168th st. and went to Missy's to stay the night. I made very very curried ramen noodles and watched King of the Hill on Adult Swim. She talked my ear off, in the positive way, and we fell asleep by 2am.
Woke up at 11am. Went to Delancey to check out the Vegan Bakery called Babycakes.
I recommend. good frosting, good cupcakes, great pumpkin chocalate chip bread.
Walked back to Essex street Food market and got a salmon sandwich for $4. sweet deal.
walked missy to work at the Henry Street Settlement and played piano in the theatre for a good half hour. I MISS PRACTICING. :( i'm playing piano for hours as soon as i return!!!!!!!!!!!
<3
got some ideas for new vegan baking:
banana choc chip
pumpkin apple streudel
cinnamon pecan
pumpkin chai choc chip
pumpkin choc chip walnut
cashew caramel
Then took off to the New York Public Library, and looked intensively at Dupont's Afghanistan photography collection from 1993 to 2008.
Then jumped on the train up to Lincoln Center to see New york Public Libray's Performing Arts building.
Drooled on the 4 shelves of Verdi books, the whole bookcase of Verdi Scores and panted over the falling apart Monteverdi, Couperin, Beethoven, everyone!'s scores...
My love for vintage sheet music.
Walked over to Juilliard and tried to get in. To no avail. Security is tight.
No practice rooms, classrooms, recital halls, student lounge to public access.
Sadface. terrible douchebaggery.
L train to Bedford in Brooklyn.
FoodSwings Vegan Fast Food. 5 thumbsdown . I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy, or my ex boyfriend.
I ordered a chocolate milkshake and a burger.
"Milk"Shake - made with soy milk. for starters, that's not a shake. tasted like cold chocolate soy milk. not thick enough. needed more agave, more sugar. tasted malty. :(
"the Vegan HeartAttack Burger" - i guess the name says it all. I deserved it.
soy burger, w/ lettuce, tomato, soy bacon, soy cheese, red onion and vegan mayo. plus bbq sauce.
not enough cheese for a cheeseburger. but then again, i take it back that cheese was disgusting. tasted like Kraft singles. ewwww. the burger itself was way too damn soft for a burger. soy or not. tasted like mush. bacon was not crunch at all. definetely not worth $7. soy mayo was good. the only thing rad was the lettuce, onion and bbq sauce. haha.
Walked back down Grand st thinking about how much slamming i would do about Foodswings on the internets. this is about it. :)
Found a really cool co-op clothes shop, everything was 25% off, plus i found a sale bin. 20 bucks for a warm vest-coat hoodie and a wrap tee.
Now, i found a potty and an internet cafe. Blogging bliss is complete.
I will go back to Rockaway when the close and contemplate my last day in NY. I'm planning on saying goodbye to friends, central park, and the new York historical society. pictures are a must.
Goodnight lovelies,
peace and protection, safe warm journeys to all..
B. J. Young
ما اشبه الّيلة بالبرحة
"How much tonight resembles yesterday night."
على كف القدر نمشي ولا ندري عن المكتوب
On the palm of fate we walk and do not what is written.
``````````````````````````
To begin,
Isabelle Eberhardt is my heroine.
Read, The Nomad.
This morning I woke up at 11am and bought my flight back to Oakland, CA for saturday morning at 6am ny time.
It's cool, don't trip. The Transit runs 24 hours here and i stay 2 stops from JFK. lol
Plus, i'll probably stay up all night in manhattan fri anyway.
So, today I went to Rainbow shops, right here in rockaway (my favorite clothes shop in NY) cheap and dummy.
got some cute stuff, mailed it back to my house, with some clothes dirty clothes i brought. lol
plus, i found some hella cute earring that made me think if Kelly, so i mailed them to her house.
Bought some veggie corn dogs and apple juice and chilled at the house for a minute, and talked to my buddy Eva from Germany, except she;s in Amsterdam right now. We went to high school together when she was foreign exchange in SF. Man, me, her and Genesis used to be the trio. i miss those days. I am so glad to hear from her everytime i do. She;'s one of the most amazing people i've met in my life and i'm lucky to still have contact in some way. :)
Hopped the train to 23rd st on the east side and met up with Cody at her friend Melody's birthday party.at this french restaurant L'express. our waitress was so kind, and i could just see her energy glowing off of her, but i could telll she was stressed, confumbled, irritated and her chi was definietely off. I felt sad for her.
I asked my sister Missy (who i havent seen in a long time) to come to the dinner party. I bought her and I dinner. it was and always is so good to see her. A beautiful amazing person that I am so glad to still have in my life. I had pesto fettucine with tomatoes, she had a goat cheese salad and we shared some calimari. I bought her a chocolate martini too. $40 dinner. whooo. i actually felt my pocket on fire.
aaanyway....let's forget about $.
I have it, i'm not materialist and we all know. I'm not questioning.
I also met this really cool girl named Miho, from Niigata City, Japan. She is an accompanist for a ballet company and she went to Berklee college of music.
we had good talks, i turned her onto Verdi, my love of course. kenyashna! I'm glad my raving of the G didn't turn her away from conversation with me, she was totally interested. Also, he favorite classical composer is Ravel. :)
She wishes she knew more about history of music. PLus we talked about world music, KSUN, the samson and delilah Bachanelle, Italia, and lots of other music stuff. I love talking music! <3
Then my people's were leaving so me and Aaron took a walk a brisk walk through manhattan, from 20th st up to 51st st.
I grabbed the train to Washington Heights at 168th st. and went to Missy's to stay the night. I made very very curried ramen noodles and watched King of the Hill on Adult Swim. She talked my ear off, in the positive way, and we fell asleep by 2am.
Woke up at 11am. Went to Delancey to check out the Vegan Bakery called Babycakes.
I recommend. good frosting, good cupcakes, great pumpkin chocalate chip bread.
Walked back to Essex street Food market and got a salmon sandwich for $4. sweet deal.
walked missy to work at the Henry Street Settlement and played piano in the theatre for a good half hour. I MISS PRACTICING. :( i'm playing piano for hours as soon as i return!!!!!!!!!!!
<3
got some ideas for new vegan baking:
banana choc chip
pumpkin apple streudel
cinnamon pecan
pumpkin chai choc chip
pumpkin choc chip walnut
cashew caramel
Then took off to the New York Public Library, and looked intensively at Dupont's Afghanistan photography collection from 1993 to 2008.
Then jumped on the train up to Lincoln Center to see New york Public Libray's Performing Arts building.
Drooled on the 4 shelves of Verdi books, the whole bookcase of Verdi Scores and panted over the falling apart Monteverdi, Couperin, Beethoven, everyone!'s scores...
My love for vintage sheet music.
Walked over to Juilliard and tried to get in. To no avail. Security is tight.
No practice rooms, classrooms, recital halls, student lounge to public access.
Sadface. terrible douchebaggery.
L train to Bedford in Brooklyn.
FoodSwings Vegan Fast Food. 5 thumbsdown . I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy, or my ex boyfriend.
I ordered a chocolate milkshake and a burger.
"Milk"Shake - made with soy milk. for starters, that's not a shake. tasted like cold chocolate soy milk. not thick enough. needed more agave, more sugar. tasted malty. :(
"the Vegan HeartAttack Burger" - i guess the name says it all. I deserved it.
soy burger, w/ lettuce, tomato, soy bacon, soy cheese, red onion and vegan mayo. plus bbq sauce.
not enough cheese for a cheeseburger. but then again, i take it back that cheese was disgusting. tasted like Kraft singles. ewwww. the burger itself was way too damn soft for a burger. soy or not. tasted like mush. bacon was not crunch at all. definetely not worth $7. soy mayo was good. the only thing rad was the lettuce, onion and bbq sauce. haha.
Walked back down Grand st thinking about how much slamming i would do about Foodswings on the internets. this is about it. :)
Found a really cool co-op clothes shop, everything was 25% off, plus i found a sale bin. 20 bucks for a warm vest-coat hoodie and a wrap tee.
Now, i found a potty and an internet cafe. Blogging bliss is complete.
I will go back to Rockaway when the close and contemplate my last day in NY. I'm planning on saying goodbye to friends, central park, and the new York historical society. pictures are a must.
Goodnight lovelies,
peace and protection, safe warm journeys to all..
B. J. Young
ما اشبه الّيلة بالبرحة
"How much tonight resembles yesterday night."
No comments:
Post a Comment