5.23.2007

Why I am on crutches...


IF you havent heard, here's the story of why I am on crutches (in my ever-so-bob-way-of-telling-the-most-awesomest-stories!):

Ok, so my toe is still attached. BUT the bob is silly.
so last wednesday night in a nutshell?
I stepped on my broken floor lamp. Damn IKEA!
Glass shard straight to the bone. (of my big toe).
Bob hobbles thru the hallway gushing blood everywhere to the kitchen (dont ask me why i was headed there). I guess my survival instinct said, "ice!". But so all i have is a package of hamburger meat, (frozen from how many months ago, before the bob went veggie.
So i collapse on the kitchen floor where my roommate comes into me sitting in a puddle of blood with frozen meat in my hand. Like, "WTF??!!"
haha I almost expected him to say, "Bob, whats with the meat?..ignoring the blood. LOL
So Rommmates to the rescue, elevates my foot grabs the first aid kit, i wrap it as tightly as i can in as much gauze as i can. rush to the Petaluma ER after no or little help from the Bro. who by the way was the only number i could decently remember (i was losing blood here).
1am arrive, them make me sign papers.
screaming commmences as the surgeon sticks me with a needle to inject "medicine" which will magically make me numb.
interesting., this was the most painful part. 2 needles of novacaine straight into the wound.
8 stitches proceed! 8 i tell you! 8 in one fricking toe!!!!! And i was there until 330 in the morning.
They like to keep you in there as long as possible, i'm sure of it.
I get home and elevate foot, crash.

Thursday morning:
I'm so hardcore, i get up and ride my bike to school.
dumbass.
rohnert park police stop me because im riding on the sidewalk. Hah! of all things.
i tell him i have 8 stitches in my toe and I like how he asks me,
"are you on any medication?"
like i must be crazy to be riding my bike with stitches in my toe.

well he gives me a ride to campus where i get some crutches, which arent easy at all!
supposed to be like a temporary foot, more like cramp up my other calf why dont you.
anyway, that is last week. so not only am i dealing with one leg hopping, crutching from place to place, finals, bike riding with stitches (i'm convinced what doesnt kill the bob in college makes her stronger!) but i dont have my phone back because some chick stole it and thinks its funny to use stolen property, AKA commit a felony. .
So, i need your numbers again. :)

Muchas gracias por leer


-Bobness

No comments: